I just feel the need to post this...

Three years ago yesterday, my best friend took me to see a movie called The Family Stone. She had already seen it, and thought I might enjoy it.

If you haven't seen the movie, it's about a family at Christmastime--with all the misadventures you would expect. Oldest son returns to introduce his incredibly uptight fiancee to his very liberal family. Hijinks and hilarity ensue.

But there is a scene in that movie that broke my heart into a million pieces. One character, who has unexpectedly fallen in love with someone he's not supposed to, chases after her as she runs away in confusion. It is dark and he races madly through the snow, screaming her name and trying to catch her before he loses his chance at real love.

I sobbed bitterly in the dark of that theater because I knew that I would never have anyone in my life who would love me enough to race through the snow and the dark for me.

Miracles do happen.