How far will you go?

Some painful conversations with friends and neighbors this week have me asking myself some hard questions. Because you are such a smart and thoughtful group of readers, I thought I'd ask them of you and see what you have to say:
  • How far are you willing to go to support what you say you believe in?
  • How many of your advantages are you willing to give up to ensure justice for all people?
  • What would you sacrifice so that others might have a shot at a decent life? Convenience? Money? Possessions? Your life?
  • Would you be willing to enforce sacrifices on some to achieve what you thought was a greater good?
And, if you ARE willing to make some serious sacrifices (or impose them on others), what are the guidelines you use to make those hard decisions?

I don't want to give too many specifics about my personal Issue of the Week--it will only cloud my thinking about what are really important, life-defining questions. But I'd love to know what you think about those questions...