For Grendel

I love many, many people and animals in the blogosphere, but I must confess that Grendel is dearest to my heart. So when he asks me to do something, I simply cannot refuse.

He has tagged me for the Middle Name Meme. Now something you need to understand is that I have more than one name (both in blog-land and in real life). Our friend MadPriest is responsible for my long blog name, because he once tried to make an unpleasant acronym of my initials. I had commented that "ambiguity is my middle name"---and he assumed that "Wormwood" was my first name. He was about to start referring to me as "WAD"--and I couldn't have that!

So I christened myself "Doxy Eustachia Ambiguity Royale." How's that for a fine and fancy name?! (Grendel always refers to me as "Doxy Dear," so I wonder if that's where he got it?)

Anyhoo...here are the rules:

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.

2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name.

I am:

E=Easily Distracted. The Internet has made this immeasurably worse...

U=Understanding. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

S=Searching. For love, connection, mercy, and grace.

T=Talkative. Is anyone surprised by this?

A=Anxious. I worry. A lot. Mostly about things that never happen. I tell myself they don't happen because I worried them away.

C=Conflict Avoidant. Except over the Internet...

I=Independent. Despite my tendency to avoid conflict, I'm not much of one for being told what to do...

A=Affectionate. Affection is like oxygen to me...something my ex-husband was never able to understand.

A=Aware of all the blessings in my life. I try to count them and thank God for them every day.

M=Messy. Wish I weren't, but I think it would take a personality transplant at this point to cure me.

B=Beautiful. Now this sounds boastful, I know---but I'm in a relationship with someone who, for the first time in my adult life, makes me feel beautiful. I cannot tell you what a gift that is.

I= Incandescent. See the previous letter...

G=Goo-Person. The highest accolade to which I could ever aspire---thanks, Grendel!

U=Unique. But aren't we all?

I=Intuitive. I have a sixth sense for lots of things. I can almost always tell when something is wrong with someone I love--and I long ago learned to trust my intuition about my work.

T=Tired. I'm a single mother with young kids, a puppy, and her own business. Who wouldn't be?

Y=Young-no-more. But that's okay--I wouldn't go back in time for anything. Now is a great time to be me!

I love to be tagged, but I don't tag others (it's a Southern guilt thing...). If you feel moved to do this yourself, leave a comment or link to your own blog.