Wonderful Weekend

First, let me thank you all for the support and prayers you gave after my last post. In one sense, it seems odd to think that Invisible People are praying for me and mine---and, in another, it seems the most natural thing in the world. I am very grateful for all of you, and so many of you are in my own daily prayers.

And now, for some good news...

My kids and I had a wonderful weekend. I took them to visit my Dear Friend for the first time.
His parish was hosting a concert by Fran McKendree this weekend, and we thought it might be a good time to introduce them to the other side of my life.

Neither of us (the grownups) was sure how it would go. These things can be tricky, of course. The kids already knew and loved him---but there is a big difference between loving someone as an individual, and loving that person as your Mom's Dear Friend.

Given distance (168.8 miles...not that I'm counting) and schedules, there are not many occasions where the four of us will be together, so I'm happy to report that all went about as well as one could hope. The three of them were very easy and natural with one another, and everyone seemed to have a great time. The people at DF's church were lovely to my kids, as they continue to be to me. Fran McKendree was great too! (And I say that as one who doesn't usually much care for contemporary Christian music...)

So, again, I thank you for your prayers. It's clear that Someone is listening.