The End of Vacation

Jasper has arrived!

He is so cute he is almost toxic. I am in danger of becoming diabetic from a sweetness overload. (I will post a picture when I get one that isn't just a black ball of fur. Anyone with suggestions on ways to take good photos of black dogs with dark eyes will earn my undying gratitude...)

He must be walked frequently. As in, just about every hour of the day, and every three hours at night. He has only been with us one night and I'm already exhausted. (That might also have something to do with the fact that I had to spend over 20 hours in the car in one weekend in order to pick him up. I think I'll do a better job of planning next time!)

But my kids are in heaven, and so am I. Housebreaking will be done before I know it, and I will have an incredibly sweet and loyal companion for years to come.

And now that vacation is over, it is time to get back to blogging on a regular basis. My goal is to start posting something non-dog-related at least once a week. I need to do this for myself, whether anyone else reads it or not.

Jasper is snoring at my feet---but not for long, I'm afraid. The vacation is over---but my new life is beginning.