And Now for Something Completely Different...

I need a brief interlude from thinking about race...

My Dear Friend is in Philadelphia this week. He is doing important work for God, and I am thrilled that he has that opportunity. It is a mark of the respect with which he is viewed by those outside the church that he has been invited to participate in this, and a wonderful opportunity to make a positive difference in the world.

But I miss him terribly. A few of you know our story---and maybe I'll post the whole thing one day. But for now, it continues to stun me how much I want to be with him. I had given up on the idea of true love---and now I am drowning in it.

Fans of MadPriest will know that, recently, he solicited his readers' favorite love songs. I know that he's never going to post the one I sent him---it's country and sappy, and I knew when I sent it that it wouldn't meet his exacting musical standards. But it is the story of my life these days...so to my Dear Friend, I offer this:



(This song has the added advantage of having been co-written by Marcus Hummon, who is married to the Episcopal chaplain at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN--my grad school alma mater.)