Please stand by....

Apparently I have been suffering from technical difficulties all along. But since I have been reading and writing the blog using Netscape, I didn't know it.

I got my first spambot comment today, which is what alerted me to all the extraneous coding in my posts.

When I tried to delete the stupid thing, I couldn't find the icon for deleting comments. Blogger's oh-so-helpful instructions suggested that I try another browser.

Now you have to understand that my ardent love affair with Netscape is my pathetic little way of flipping the bird at Microsoft. You see, like most everyone else who has resisted the allure of Apple, I use Microsoft products. All my clients use Microsoft Word (with the exception of the Federal budget Nazis, who inexplicably prefer the even-worse WordPerfect), so I am professionally indebted to Mr. Gates and his team of monopolists.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it. So I embraced Netscape and never looked back.

I had no idea that meant my blog was essentially unreadable. (And I mean from an aesthetic standpoint, not because of the drivel I occcasionally spill here.)

When I finally decided to try Microsoft IE (cue Psycho music) , I discovered that my handful of readers has had to wade through a bunch of unintelligible computer-ese to read my scribblings.

Mea culpa.

I still can't locate the damned trash can icon. Some days I think I should just find a cave to live in.

Since I can't figure out how to erase spam comments, I decided to move to moderated comments. Please don't let that throw you off. I've already had one intrepid commenter today, and he made my day. Now it's your turn....