In the Beginning...

This is my second attempt at blogging. I tried Radio Userland, but it was just too technical for this Luddite. We'll see if I'm any better at this version of blogging.

You might be wondering about the title of my blog. Believe it or not, it came to me in a dream. I'm not usually given to dreaming, so I took it as a sign. Anyway,I haven't been able to think of anything else I like half as well, so I'm going to go with the dream.

(In case you weren't sure, Wormwood is the devil on assignment in C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters.)

In general, a doxy is a floozy, prostitute, or mistress. I guess I'm really more Wormwood's assignment than his doxy...but "doxy" sounded better. A little dangerous maybe—like a flapper with a machine gun.

Who am I?

Writer, wife, mother, struggling person of faith. On any given day, I am all of these things.

Wormwood calls to me in all of those roles. “You only think you’re a writer. You’re not much of a wife or mother, either. And don’t even get me started on the ‘person of faith’ thing. I’ve got your number, sweetheart, and you ain’t going to be winning the heavenly lottery this week.”

He’s probably right about that. But I have hopes for better things next week.